“But I don’t care either, I don’t care!” said Tonks, seizing the front of Lupin’s robes and shaking them. “I’ve told you a million times….”
And the meaning of Tonk’s Patronus and her mouse-colored hair, and the reason she had come running to find Dumbledore when she had heard a rumor someone had been attacked by Greyback, all suddenly became clear to Harry; it had not been Sirius that Tonks had fallen in love with after all.
Day 20 - Favourite Professor - Remus Lupin
Harry Potter Meme ♕ 6 Characters
↳ Remus Lupin [3/6]
Heeeere at long last are the first of the Harry Potter blends. More characters will happen, don’t worry. This is only the beginning.
- Harry Potter: Treacle tarts, Pumpkin Juice and deep, warming spice. Boyish, yet brave, resourceful, and powerful. [pumpkin spice, caramel, masala chai]
- Ronald Weasley: Burning with passion, love and energy, this blend will effectively warm you whenever you need it. A little might go a long way, but still good to always have around. [masala chai, ginger, almond]
- Hermione Granger: Sweet, bright, vibrant notes, with just a lingering smell of parchment and ink. [ceylon sonata, pu erh dante, caramel]
- Severus Snape: Seemingly bitter and severe, this blend is actually quite smooth, with herbal, grassy notes. [white monkey, pu erh dante, yerba mate]
- Remus Lupin: Smooth, dreamy, moonlit Earl Grey. The earthy, dusty smell of the Forbidden Forest. Chocolate to speed recovery. Best served the night after the full moon. [earl grey moonlight, pu erh dante, chocolate chai]
- Sirius Black: Powerful and playful, with bright notes of lemon and ginger, rounded out with strong, smooth Assam. [assam melody, oriental spice, lemon grass]
- James Potter: Refreshingly bright, youthful, and good natured, but with just a bit of a bite lingering beneath the surface. [irish breakfast, candy apple, gingerbread]
- Peter Pettigrew: Damp earth, musty corners, and slightly bitter. Oft overlooked flavors that may take you by surprise. [pu erh dante, artichoke green, gunpowder]
Oooooh, the Lupin one sounds super yummy!
You didn’t just lose a godfather that night, you know. I lost a brother.
Flawless gif is flawless.
Nostalgia for Marauders, fueled by this amazing blog. Mischief managed?
(not sure how transparency shows up on tumblr, but that is supposed to be an invisibility cloak, not me being lazy…okay, sort of me being lazy)
Let’s talk about Remus Lupin for a second. And by “let’s” I don’t actually mean “let us” I mean “bear with me while I.” Because this man is seriously underappreciated. He gets overshadowed by Sirius, whose charisma shines through the page somehow.
I mean, everyone thinks Sirius was James’ best friend…
So here’s this kid, a wizard kid who I think was probably quiet and bookish already and looking forward to Hogwarts more than anything in the world like everyone else, and then he gets bit by Fenrir Greybeck because his dad pissed someone off. And all his dreams go down the drain and it’s awful. But by some miracle named Albus Dumbledore, he gets to go anyway. And his life sucks, and he keeps his head down, but then he gets adopted by these two kids who just pick him up out of nowhere. James and Sirius, charismatic, popular, fun, daring — they’re everything lil bb Remus isn’t, but they like him anyway. And then they figure out his “furry little problem,” but they don’t leave him. Instead, they risk everything to join him, even dragging little Peter along with them. And suddenly Remus has everything — he has best friends, adventures every month; he’s a prefect; he basks in the popularity of his friends. And for seven years, life is golden.
And then he graduates, and things are tough because he’s suddenly faced with the fact that there is so much prejudice against werewolves, something he’s been able to ignore while at school. And to make things worse, there’s a war on, and everyone he knows and loves is involved. And he’s scared all the time, and he can’t even trust the people he loves best. And then James and Lily are killed, and they’re only 21 years old, and their kid is orphaned. And Sirius betrayed them and then he kills little Peter and goes to Azkaban and Remus is the only one left and the golden years are gone forever.
And twelve years later, Dumbledore gives him the chance no one else will give him again and he’s teaching James’ kid and he’s so like James, and Remus helps him and befriends him and one day in his office little Harry Potter says, “I heard my dad this time” and it’s like James is there, just for a moment. And then his old map shows up again, and one night Peter is there, and Remus knows, and he goes and he finds Sirius and it’s like a tiny bit of that golden happiness is returned to him. And for two years, he has his best friend back before he’s ripped away forever this time, fighting the same damn war as before. And then a new bright point appears, but don’t call her Nymphadora, but he is so scared to let her love him because everyone who loves him reaches a terrible end and he can’t give her anything. He values himself so little, first as a husband, then as a father, that Harry has to chase him back to his family. And good thing too, because finally Remus is able to get some happiness, with Tonks and Teddy, even in the middle of everything, and then he gives it all up to win that damn war.
Remus Lupin is a quiet kind of BAMF, and I love him, and you should too.
Lupin was always my favorite. <3